Saturday, April 7, 2012

The vacation projects

The thought behind this post is that I'll be motivated to work on the projects I am taking with me on our trip so I can update my progress when we get back.  :)  We'll see if I don't sleep/play games on my kindle the entire trip...

1. Bug Quilt.  I made this when I found out that I was pregnant with Timothy.  I had the back yarn tied on, the binding sewn on the front, and half of the hand stitching on the back of the binding done.  And then we moved to St. Louis.  And then I found out that I was having a boy.  And that was that.  

Well, fast forward to 2 weeks ago when I was going through my baby box in the basement and I pulled it out.  This pregnancy is a girl.  And I now know how to machine quilt.  And I realized that I did a bad job on the binding.  So, I pulled the binding off a few nights ago, cut all of the yarn ties out, put a new back on it (it was a really stretchy fleece), quilted it, and reattached the binding (correctly this time).  

My goal is to finish sewing the binding on the back in the car and then it will be done.  For real this time.   :)


2. Knit a blanket.  Remember that teal blanket I started for the baby after Christmas?  Yep, I burned out on it and it is still halfway done.  I am hoping to finish it on this trip.  Which means I need to print the directions out again because I forgot the pattern...

3. Hand stitch a quiet book.  I was hoping to get all of the fabric elements sewn on before the trip so all I would have is the hand stitching to do, and then I could come home and just sew it together.  HA!  I do have a few pages done, so I am hoping to get the embroidery done on those and the front cover at least...

4. Knit dishrags.  Because you always could use a couple more and they make great gifts when paired with other kitchen supplies...

Can I accomplish all of this?  Of course!  Will I?  Time will only tell...your prayers for my husband's patience would be appreciated.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment