Friday, April 20, 2012

hourglass quilt top


Talk about needing sunglasses!  This photo was taken at 7:30 pm in my backyard when the majority of daylight was done.

This is one happy quilt.

And I love it!  :)

It is going with me to quilters' guild on Tuesday night to be a part of the "show and tell" and then to the quilt shop here in town.  I just want a solid back and I know she carries 90" width fabrics for backing, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that she has something that will work.  It will get a 100% cotton batting and a medium weight "scribble" all over before coming back to me for the binding.  But that won't be for awhile...she has a 3 month waiting list (!).  Maybe one day I'll get myself a darning foot for my sewing machine and learn how to free motion quilt.  But not now.  Or in the next 4 months I am thinking either.  :)

Goodbye for now - I am hoping to see you before the end of the summer so we can picnic on you before the snow flies!

Other sewing news:  finished 8 more "I Spy" bags...ready to be filled, stitched closed, and played with! These are heading out to Spearfish to be passed around a toddler busy bag exchange...more on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment