Monday, April 23, 2012

diaper bag, blood tests, and dirt

I passed my 3-hour glucose test today- woohoo!  :)  It was not pleasant not eating the entire morning, but after the sugar rush passed, I was just dealing with hunger and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  My hubby even had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich ready for me when I came home after my last blood draw.  :)

This weekend was supposed to be the weekend that I finished my wonky star quilt.  And then I ran out of white thread.  boo!  This is one of the consequences of living here...the variety store closes at 6 on Saturday and doesn't open again until Monday morning.  So I made the most of the situation and made myself a diaper bag instead.  :)  I used this tutorial for the basic bag and to make the inside pockets.  I added the outside pocket on the front and the back.  Pretty easy and cost me a whole $4.56 for the elastic, binding tape, and interfacing (the fabric has been traveling with me since Kansas City).

front 

back 

inside (at the cleanest point of it's life)

Lastly, our garden has sprouted!  We have radishes, onions, and peas up so far.  We had cabbage and brussel sprouts seeded inside, but they got moldy while we were on vacation, so we need to get those replanted.  This week we will also get the rest of our seeds planted (inside) and the garden good and watered with the 90 degree weather tomorrow...crazy!

1 comment: