Monday, December 1, 2014

Handmade Holidays 2014, part 2

I got some more finishes under my belt!  Only 218 started projects left pending...

Just kidding.

Sort of.

:)

Anyway, here is the felt nativity set I have been working on for Timothy.  I think I spent a total of $12 and 3 nights of cutting pieces and glueing while we were watching tv.  If you want to make your own, this is where you can get the templates.  And you heard me correctly, I glued the entire thing together, no sewing.  


It is located in our living room, right under the advent calendar where all of the pieces are now located.


We started with Mary, an angel, Joseph, and then the donkey so we can start with the angel coming to tell Mary and Joseph that Jesus is coming.  Then they can hit the road and start walking through the palm trees.  I think eventually I want to just glue the palm trees and manger to the background, but then I need to add three more pieces.  Maybe another camel, a fourth angel, and a barn cat?  Not sure, but we will see if I can get the scissors back out and dig through the pile of felt and crank through a couple more pieces.


Jared and I laughed about the fact that they look like they are in sleeping bags.  :)


And right before Thanksgiving, I got this cute pillow to the chair in the living room.  It lasted a whole 3 days out and then was put in the box until next year.  At least it will get some more daylight next year.  :)  I got inspiration from this pillow I saw a few weeks ago.


Timothy didn't want to smile, but he wanted his picture taken.  Go figure.


The back :)



The new owner of the pillow.  She totally took it over and slept with it every day.  :)


Edit: I forgot to include the link for the advent calendar that I made last year.  If you want to make one yourself, CLICK HERE.  :)  Onto the dentist with Timmy and then the sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment