Saturday, December 27, 2014

December Craziness

While I was not updating here, we were busy here. 

I had a piano recital for my students!  I have 14 right now and 12 of them played (the two that didn't play just started this fall) and they all did a lovely job.  They followed up the torture with eating lots of cookies and an entire crock pot of hot chocolate.  :)


Timmy and dad took selfies in the pew while they waited for the recital to start and then helped with the cookies and hot chocolate.


The evening after my recital, the power went out!  We were out for 12 hours as freezing rain and then snow covered our area.  It was a chilly night, but once the initial fear was over, Timmy had a lot of fun wearing his headlamp and taking a bath by candlelight.  He spent a good amount of time checking each light switch in the house to see if they were working.  This resulted in every light in the house flashing on at 6:30 in the morning when our power was restored.  The kids in the area enjoyed two days off of school!






We also spent a good amount of time cleaning up.  Timothy was a big help.  Sort of.  :)  I keep reminding myself that it is good training for the future and the extra time it takes to clean now will pay off when he is older.  For now, chores take three times longer with little helper man underfoot.


No comments:

Post a Comment