Thursday, June 13, 2013

nap time = quilting time

Here are blocks #25, 26, and 27 for our new bed quilt!  Yes, I am still working on this thing (I think I am around the 6 month mark), but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!  I only need 9 more blocks and then I can be sashing this thing together.  My border fabric came in, so I just need to crank these last 9 out.  The next 3 are cut and ready to go, so there may be another picture coming soon of the next batch!  



You see that blue striped fabric above?  That is the border.  Jared helped me pick it out.  I was going for a floral and he suggested otherwise.  I think it is a better choice in the long run, considering he needs to sleep under it too.  :)  The tutorial for the blocks above is here if you want to make some too!  (A great scrap burner block!)


I have also been working on a little Christmas project...a cute little wall hanging!  (sorry for the sideways picture, you'll get a better one when it is done)  This mini-quilt is for a challenge that our local fabric shop is doing in conjunction with my guild's quilt show in September and I wanted to get it out of the way.  Tutorial is here if you want to see how it is put together (another great scrap burner!)


Final project of the week is this beautiful Dutch Rose block that measures 20 inches squared.  It is going to be a pillow for our bed as I am using the same fabric.  It was a pain.  You have to read the directions very carefully and look at the pictures too!  This is the second one I did.  The first one I  totally messed up the order of the fabrics in the outer ring and it looks BAD.  I'll show you one day, but it is hiding right now...saving it means ripping it out completely and starting over...I don't know if that is going to happen.  :)  I have done a ton of piecing, so I think getting this quilted is going to be next, followed by that tree, and then the next 3 blocks.

Adoption update will be coming soon!  My pampered chef party is closing tomorrow, so I will give an update of where we are when I get that total!

Hopefully Timothy takes some nice long naps this weekend!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment