I finished up my new pillow today! The worst part was definitely keeping all of the pieces straight while putting it together (as I eluded to in the previous post). Quilting it totally made up for it, I had a blast! I filled the white spaces in with little loops that are really close to each other and just went a quarter inch from the edges in the colored areas. It is hard to see in the pictures, but it makes the colored areas pop off of the background. It is now resting comfortably on our bed, reminding me to get the matching quilt done!
I am linking this up with the modern mini challenge...it was fun motivation for me to get this done and try something new. In this case, a more challenging block and dense quilting. I am glad that I did it and I have been enjoying all of the other quilts that have been entered!
Dutch Rose Block
20" by 20"
For the back I used this print that I bought with the fat quarters I am using to make our bed quilt, but I have lots of it because it is hard to use for pieces when I am using a white background. I just don't get much definition. But it works perfect here!
I couldn't resist the peonies...the just opened up yesterday and smell lovely!