Friday, November 16, 2012

Lots of little things

Sometimes it is nice to take a break from big projects and work on some smaller things that get done within an hour or so.  Luckily, my need for a couple of small projects is timed perfectly with my Christmas list needing to be fulfilled, so here is what I have come up with so far.

Don't mind the threads here and there...I get so excited to snap some pictures and get them up, that I forget to trim my projects first.

Wide-mouthed Pouch...this thing is awesome!  Easy pattern and a cute, useful bag as an outcome.  Perfect for stashing makeup, travel gear, various projects, or a jar of goodies to give away (the destiny of this cute orange bag below). I have plans to make several more, including a set for me.  :)  Here is the tutorial and she includes dimensions for a small, medium, and large version - this is the small version below.



Organizer - one for me and one to share!  For those of you looking for easy projects to make for gifts, check out Sew Mama Sew's Handmade Holidays posts during the month of November.  This is where I found this pattern and I really enjoyed putting it together.  Perfect for helping me organize my purse a little better.



The following is something for me too.  :)  I was thinking about making myself a wallet and did this instead...a place to put all of my loyalty cards and make my wallet that much more functional (and eliminating the need to make the world's largest wallet to fit all of my stuff).  I had fun practicing my free motion quilting and used a hair tie and button for the closure.  The pattern I found here, but know that if you follow the given folding directions, you will end up with fewer pockets than they show and the top one is too close to the top to use...



Finally, a couple of walker bags.  Our quilt guild is donating a pile of them to the local nursing homes, so these are my contributions to the collection.  I had the vision-impaired in mind when I picked this fabric out of my stash.  I think some little old lady will appreciate being able to pick her walker out of the crowd because it has glowing orange flowers on bright blue and green.  :)  Side one has the pocket divided in half.



Side 2 has one, large pocket so they can carry their newspaper, magazine, crossword puzzle books...  Juli found a great tutorial online somewhere and typed it up great for all of us to use if we chose.  It just hangs over the front rail of the walker and a piece of velcro on either side keeps it from sliding off.  We are meeting the last Tuesday of the month, so I can tuck these away and check them off my list!


Off to make some more small projects...Christmas is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment