Wednesday, July 11, 2012

work in progress

I promise that I have been working...just not taking pictures at the same time...

 
First, my new table runner officially has a new home.  Yay!  :)  The three men of the house (my husband, my dad, and their short, plastic-tool-wielding sidekick) put our new buffet together so I could then decorate it and fill it with dishes.  Our china from our wedding finally has an official home and is also accompanied by my grandma's china set.  Thank you IKEA for keeping the boys busy for an entire afternoon...



Secondly, my mom's visit really helped last week because she did all of my pressing for me, so lots of piecing was accomplished!  In exchange for her help, I made her a red, white, and blue runner too (sorry, no pictures).  It is the same as mine, but with one, larger blue field on one end and just a few white stars.  I also made a couple of cross-stitched pictures my sister stitched into pillows for my other sister's new baby (did you follow that?).  I was reminded how much I dislike using piping on corners.

Here is what we accomplished: 

 Disappearing 9-patch quilt top (I used the tutorial on Cluck, Cluck Sew).  All of the center squares in my 9 patches were white, and I think the white really makes it pop.  Don't mind the wrinkles...it has already been folded up and waiting on my shelf for sandwiching and quilting.  Closeups will be taken when they are all done.


Lattice Quilt made with half triangle squares (I used the tutorial on Oh, Fransson!)


Now I just need to quilt them...which might take awhile because I have another quilt that I am trying to finish up by the end of the week.  Hopefully an update will be coming over the weekend with a finished quilt or two!  :)  After these are quilted, the next projects will include a baby quilt that, through our local quilt guild, will be donated to Project Linus, and some potholders to use up some of my scraps.  

No comments:

Post a Comment