Monday, August 30, 2010

It has been awhile...

So, I have been ignoring the blog. But I have good reasons, I promise!

First of all, I got a teaching position! Hired on a Friday, installed on Sunday, worked in my classroom Monday-Wednesday, and school started on Thursday. Talk about intense! I have never felt like I have winged anything like this before. I am teaching 3rd and 4th grade, minus reading and social studies, plus 2nd grade math and science, at River Roads Lutheran School. I have seven 3rd graders and thirteen 4th graders and we are getting along pretty well so far. Some seem to be on summer vacation still, but they are adjusting slowly. So anyways, I have been devoting a lot of time to grading and curriculum planning, but that should even out as I slowly adjust to the school year as well.

Second, we went down to Lake of the Ozarks this past weekend. Jared's parents rented a cabin right on the lake for the week, and we were fortunate to join them for the weekend, along with Jared's brother, sister-in-law, and their adorable son, Eli. We did a lot of sitting by the lake, grilling dinner, and playing with Eli. I think the highlight for Jared was renting a boat Sunday and heading out on the lake for several hours in true bliss. We all started the journey, but Eli was not a fan of his life jacket, and my baby was not appreciating the waves. So, the girls were dropped back off and the boys had a good time exploring. Pictures should be up in a day or so...

We are looking forward to a weekend here at home for the holiday weekend. The weather looks like it will be cooler and we are going to hit some of the local attractions, along with sleeping in before Jared starts classes on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment