Thursday, May 23, 2013

Double Finish

I think my buffet is probably the best dressed piece of furniture in our home!  Anyway, the parade of runners that I have made over the past year for it is over...at least for awhile.  These are the last two that are in the plans as I now have a nice collection of 6 long runners that fit this baby!  The first one up is a runner of hexagons.  These are nice and large, and went together quickly after I learned that I can actually glue baste them to my paper templates.  Yay!  :)


I machine quilted in blue thread every third hexagon to keep it held together, but not too many to make it any busier than it already is.   I didn't follow a pattern for this one, just sewed them together to make a long runner.


The next one I actually stitched together in February at our quilt guild retreat.  I am not sure where I saw the original wreath-like block, but I had a sketch of it in my notebook and 5 of them in a row made a nice sized runner.  I hand quilted around the exterior and interior parts of the wreath and then wrapped up the binding in April.  It is going to be so nice to pull this one out after Thanksgiving and have it done and ready to display!



Thanks for stopping by!

If you have been following along with our adoption, the paperwork is done!  The home study is completed and our profile has been approved and we are getting it all printed off and ready for the book.  We are in fundraising mode (and hoping that it comes to an end quickly!)

The Thirty-One Party has been extended through the 30th of May, so if you want to buy yourself a cute bag and support our adoption, please click right here!  Thank you!   :)

Linking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment