Monday, February 25, 2013

Ripple Effect Table Runner

One of my goals for the quilt retreat was to make a couple of runners for my long buffet in our kitchen/dining room.  The first one I worked on is a Christmas runner and it isn't quilted yet.  The second one is this:


The pattern is from Fast and Furious Family: Quilting As You Go by Gudrun Erla.  Pretty easy and you quilt onto the back and batting as you sew the strips together, so all you have to do is trim and bind it after it is pieced.  I had a little trouble keeping my pieces from warping as I went, so I ended up trimming quite a bit more off of the long sides when I was done, but all in all I am happy with the results.  And so is my buffet.  :)


(The fabric I used are pieces from a Simply Color layer cake and some gray yardage from our local
B & F that I love)


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I found your runner on pinterest and it caught my eye immediately with the colors and ripple pattern. I'm adding it to my list to make one soon for my hutch....great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I will certainly be making one for my Thanksgiving table. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete