Thursday, June 21, 2012

Rolling Forward and Sewing


Timothy received this car for Christmas and always went backwards on it (I understand that this is pretty standard), but today finally figured out how to go forward.  Yay for not backing into every corner of the house anymore!  :)  He also likes to demonstrate his brute strength and daddy pretty much rocks his world right now, if you haven't seen the two of them in action lately.


In sewing world, I am finishing the quilting on a gift (more on that later, after the gift is received), and lining up some projects to keep me busy this summer...

Top right, I scored 4 packs of charm squares at 20% off at Fabric City in Rapid over the weekend.  I think this will be another triangle quilt like I made about a month ago.  Easy, fun, and put together randomly, so the outcome is a surprise.

Bottom right, a cool color quilt made from the same line of fabric as this one.  It is going to be a disappearing 9-patch; a pattern that I have been interested in trying.  Also in the works are a couple of cuddle quilts for the guild that are going to be whipped out (hopefully) at our work night this coming Tuesday.  Aaaannnnd, our local fabric store is having a sale, so the backing material should be pretty reasonable!

Coming soon, a few scrap busting projects to tidy up the sewing corner and maybe I'll even touch the wonky star quilt that I started months ago...burned out is putting it nicely.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment