Thursday, October 7, 2010

an apple a day keeps the doctor away?



The past two weeks or so have really brought on the onset of fall here in St. Louis, or at least the last of the 90 degree days (I hope!). Jared and I celebrated two weekends ago by going to the apple orchard and picking almost 40 pounds of delicious apples. So far, we have been eating them and making applesauce, apple crisp, and pork-chops-with-apples-and-onions. I think a pie may be looming in the weekend plans...





I had my latest doctor's appointment yesterday and everything seems to be going well. I am continuing to measure large, so in 2 weeks, at my next appointment, I will have another ultrasound. I am starting to wonder how large I will end up being in the 8 weeks I have left...hopefully not too much larger, because my belly is starting to outgrow some of my maternity clothing. I am also having to prop myself in odd ways to sleep comfortably and bending over is going to be soon a thing of the past. But other than sore feet and some extra tiredness, I am feeling great and blessed to have minor discomforts in the big picture. The baby stuff is starting to cycle through the wash and the car seat has been pulled out of the basement storage so I can clean it up. I started knitting another hat after the one I made this summer was way to large, but I haven't been able to really work on it. I am hoping that after our 1st quarter report cards go out in just over a week, I will be able to work on it again and maybe get a matching sweater done as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment