Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Getting closer to Christmas...

We haven't had a chance to make it to see Santa since he visited Timothy in the NICU right after he was born until this year...Santa made a visit to our local theater!




Timothy was really excited as we waited and watched happily from afar, but it didn't go well...he wouldn't even take the candy cane from me until we got home.  Hopefully next year will be better.


I got one more good dose of preserving in before Christmas and I did 2 batches - quick pickles and relishes and then a box of pears from that the music boosters were selling for the band.  My dish for the family Christmas party was the relish tray.  After an engaging discussion over emails on the topic, I brought both pickled items and cut veggies...


L to R: pickled mushrooms, cranberries, pears, radishes, and dilly beans.  YUM!


Above, cranberry and pear relish (really sweet and tart at the same time) and some pear butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment