Monday, July 26, 2010

Staying cool...



So I realize that I use cat pictures, but she provides a fair amount of our entertainment these days, especially with Oscar moving to Michigan to live with my parents for the year. I am happy to report that with all of our changes recently, we have reached a point of settling in our lives. The apartment is unpacked, jobs are starting (Jared is starting at IT on campus tomorrow and I am all ready for nannying), I am actually cooking dinner again after a 2 week break, the last of vicarage is done other than picking up his last paycheck, and the internet is up and running! We are eagerly awaiting for a break in the weather to start taking advantage of Forest Park and all of the beautiful neighborhoods for walking...

There are several updates in picasa...photos from the youth gathering and new apartment are up. Tomorrow the latest ultrasound pictures should be up too (Jared needs to scan them in). We are planning on putting more apartment pictures up, but we need to take them first. Overall, the place looks pretty good, just a corner of boxes in the office area, a small pile by the back door to take downstairs, and a funky fishy smell coming from behind the fridge that we noticed this morning. We haven't quite figured out what it is...hoping that something hasn't died back there...

I am hoping that as things settle here the blog will be updated more often. I am sure that as classes start for Jared and I start nannying (or maybe teaching - interview coming up on Thursday night!) there will be lots to tell. The growing belly will for sure provide for entertaining reading. Speaking of which, the belly has definitely popped as the little man grows. My belly button is quickly disappearing and I have been forced to use my belly band with any non-maternity bottoms. Everything went well at the last appointment and he is right on track to arrive in early December. My next appointment is Aug. 11th and we start a 6 week labor and delivery/childcare/breastfeeding class sometime in September...things are moving quickly! That's it for tonight...more tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment