Monday, October 22, 2012

Star Update

The plan was to make 3 of each star for 14 weeks and be done by mid-October.  I am currently approaching the halfway point at mid-October, so the plan wasn't followed, but I am really happy with how it is going so far.  I was also going to document them as I went, and that didn't happen either.  Oh well.  :)  I am finding that the cutting of the pieces is really time consuming, especially deciding on the color combinations.  These stars are going to eventually be a queen-sized star sampler for our bed.  
So exciting!!!

Tutorials for these stars are at Fresh Lemons Modern Quilts and I am using the 5 Solstice Stars Series stars and the stars from her Summer Sampler Series, as well as a couple from another site that I will share when I get to them.

15 out of 42 completed:

Whirling Star (paper pieced)

Ribbon Star

Another Star

Star of Mystery (paper pieced)

Two Colored Star - 3rd one is cut out and my triangle squares are pieced, but I LOST a piece!  Hoping it will show up this week, or else I'll just cut another little piece and finish it up.

Star of Virginia - I just put this one together tonight and the other 2 are cut and ready to go.  I also got 3 Bordered Stars cut tonight too, so hopefully sooner than later I can get those posted.  That will put me at 21 stars and halfway!


  1. Wow these are all so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

  2. Oh my, I love them all! Beautiful work!

  3. Ooh, I love these! Such gorgeous blocks!