Saturday, July 9, 2011

Small Town Fourth of July

So, I have been busy lately. Since the last post, Jared graduated, we moved from St. Louis to Gregory, SD, we have unpacked, visited Spearfish over Memorial Day weekend, Jared was ordained and installed, painted, weeded, decorated, explored, played, and had my family in from Michigan. I refuse to apologize for the lack of updates...besides, I have been loading pictures faithfully onto picasa, so if you have been checking, you are up-to-date. Now on to 4th of July...

It is a big deal around here. A really big deal. The town of Gregory puts on a whole host of activities which include a carnival, parade, run/walk, geocache event, golf tournament, kids' tractor pull, greased pig wrestling, sack races, turtle racing, car show and a baseball game with the neighboring town. (I am sure that I am missing half of the events, but you get the idea) With my parents and Mindy in town, we had a blast taking in many of the events and throughly enjoyed watching the parade that went right by our front door.


going down to the carnival


waiting for the parade

one of the floats in the parade (theme was "America's Unsung Heroes") :)

No comments:

Post a Comment