Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Early July Garden

Today's haul:


Peas, Beans, 2 Raspberries!, 3 Tomatoes, 2 Zucchini, Carrots, Swiss Chard


Things have exploded here the past two weeks.  The squash and pumpkins are officially everywhere!  We have officially moved into the "beating back" stage of the summer.  :)


We have had 5 tomatoes so far, the first picked on the 4th of July (from our 4th of July variety to be exact).  We have DOZENS that are getting close to turning red.  I am anticipating that canning of tomatoes will commence in 2 weeks (which is also VBS at church, of course).  We also have 4 grape tomato plants that are loaded.  Look out members of St. John Lutheran Church!  You are about to be invaded by your Pastor's garden!  :)


Squash and pumpkins are looking good.  There are 4 (2 different varieties) in the picture above; can you find them?


We have picked 4 raspberries.  :)  We are so ready for these to turn and they are taking their sweet time!  Next week it will be all about the raspberries.  We can't wait!


The flowers around here are changing seasons as well.  The peonies, irises, and even the roses are fading and the hot summer blooms are emerging.  For my yard, that means lilies, coneflowers, and these really pretty blue delphiniums.  I love the constant change of the flowerbeds...I always have something to look forward to in the coming weeks as I am cutting away the dead heads of past beauties.  


We are going to definitely need to separate some of the lilies in my yard, so if you want some, let me know!  I have these orange tiger lilies and one huge monster lemon lily that looks like it will bloom sometime next week.  I'll be pulling them up and breaking them apart this fall, claim yours now.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment