Saturday, October 8, 2011

things I did today...

1. Finished my fall wall hanging!


2. Roasted the last of the acorn squash from our garden and packed it in freezer bags.

3. Roasted squash seeds...mmm

4. Started making tomato preserves...I have never heard of this before, but one of our members gave us a box full of yellow tomatoes and mentioned this is what he loves to make with them. So, we are going to try it. It starts with boiling sugar, water, and 2 lemons (pictured). Then I added the tomatoes and cooked them for awhile. Now it sits overnight and I finish it tomorrow. Updates will be coming...I can't imagine spreading a tomato based preserve...

5. Went to the laundromat to do Timothy's stuff...our washing machine broke last week and we are still waiting for the repairman to come with the ordered part to fix it. (long story) Said laundry is also folded.

6. Took the van to the dealership to get a part installed so all of the window controls work, yay!

7. Played with Timothy and enjoyed Jared's company.

8. Cut Jared's hair. (yay for being easy!)

9. Updated the blog.

9. Heading to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment