Saturday, October 30, 2010

5 weeks to go...


We are getting closer! Almost 2 weeks ago we had our last appointment and our little boy is doing well. We had yet another ultrasound to make sure that my size was not due to a overly large baby and 2 of the pictures are posted...the pictures seem to be getting less and less clear, so we are just posting the best of the group. He is measuring in the 50th percentile and I am still measuring large because of extra fluid. According to all of my classroom parents, my belly has dropped significantly over the past week and they all laugh when I say that I am planning on being around until Thanksgiving. :) I have noticed that my belly has dropped, more because I have several maternity shirts that are no longer long enough to cover the entire belly. Today's highlight was Jared being able to hear the baby's heartbeat by just placing his ear to my belly (thankfully he didn't get kicked in the process).



The apartment is looking more and more like a home of a family of three. Thanks to mom and dad Nies, there is a baby swing, ready for a passenger, in the living room. There are blankets from family and friends stacked here and there. The car seat has been installed in the car and the baby dresser is clothed in a changing pad and a basket of supplies. Everything has also been through the laundry and is folded. Yes, I still have some deep cleaning to do, our laundry is sitting in baskets, and I have dreams of baking and cooking over the weekend and preparing meals in advanced, but I think that if he decides to come early, we are ready, I just need to get our hospital bag packed. Thank you for all of your prayers and kind thoughts so far through this pregnancy, please continue to think about and pray for our child as he finishes the first stage of his life!

Hopefully the next update will come sooner than later...we have our next appointment on Wednesday and they now are going to come every week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment